Welcome to St. Sylvester School
Join Our Mailing List
We are located across from Palmer Park along the historic boulevards of Chicago, St. Sylvester School has been a community fixture for more than a century. The school formerly stood on the parish grounds east of Humboldt Boulevard from its founding in the late 1800s. The current school building was opened in the late 1950s. It is a hallmark of the Palmer Square and Logan Square neighborhoods. The Logan Square neighborhood in which the school stands was once the home for the nouveau riche of Chicago and mansions along the boulevards testify to this history.
Since 1889, St. Sylvester Parish and School have stood as sentries in the Logan Square community. The school always has and will continue to serve the neighborhood, city, and the Archdiocese of Chicago as a vital educational community.